This workshop/course is for individuals working in America’s Job Center’s. It addresses the important issues and ideas you need to know to better serve your clientele in a professional and ethical manner. It offers 5 clock hours for the CDWP recertification and 4 clock hours for counselors seeking clock hours for the NCC, LPC, GCDF and other related certifications.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- describe the role of assessment in the career development process and how it helps both your clients and employers
- identify the assessments used in your job center and list what they measure
- describe the various criteria for selecting the right assessment for your clientele
- verbalize and apply the meaning of reliability and validity
- state the cautions in interpreting assessment results
- analyze the assessment you use to be sure that you are using solid assessments that can help your clients