Anne-Marie Beck, Marine Balayan, Caitlan Reinhard: New Beginnings: Career Development Strategies for Supporting Refugees and Immigrants
Anne-Marie Beck is an innovative and enthusiastic career counseling professional. She holds a M.S. in counseling, specializing in career, from Cal State University at Northridge. Anne-Marie is deeply passionate about providing career services to diverse student and client populations, including refugee and immigrant populations. She is presently an adjunct career counselor/instructor at both Cypress College as well as Glendale Community College. Anne-Marie also serves as the legislative / public policy chair for the California Career Development Association (CCDA).
Marine Balayan is a first generation immigrant who is presently going through a career transition. She is a candidate of MS educational counseling program at the University of La Verne. Marine also holds a MA degree in psychology from Yerevan State University and has over eight years of experience working in educational and non-profit organizations in Armenia as a psychologist-counselor. Currently, Marine is working as a career guidance counselor assistant at Los Angeles City College. She is passionate about helping refugee and immigrant populations overcome the different challenges they face. Marine understands and values the power of new beginnings.
Caitlan Reinhard provides career counseling and financial coaching to clients in her responsibilities for the International Rescue Committee. Caitlin has extensive experience working with refugees from mainly African nations, as well as Middle Eastern countries. She has a Master’s in International Development from the University of Kent.
WEBINAR DESCRIPTION: This webinar aims to provide career development and counseling practitioners with useful information about the recently-arrived refugee and immigrant populations. We will be covering the following topics:
- Demographic and statistical information
- Frequently-experienced career development issues and challenges
- Counseling theories and interventions
- Useful Resources, such as non-profit and governmental resources
Marine will also be sharing her own story as an immigrant to the United States. We look forward to your attendance and participation!
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand basic demographic and statistical information about the recently-arrived refugee and immigrant populations
- List at least 5 common career development issues and challenges
- Name 2 theories which can be utilized when counseling individuals from these populations
- List at least 4 governmental or community resources which are available to individuals from these populations