Riding the Wave of Social Media for a Successful Job Search
Shirley Rowe is a Master Career Specialist as well as a Certified Global Career Development Facilitator and Instructor of the CDF course through the National Career Development Association (NCDA). After twenty years as a career advisor in higher education serving a wide range of clients including college students, veterans and career changers, she has now turned her expertise to expand Front Rowe Consulting, a firm offering training, instructional design, career coaching, and writing and speaking services. Shirley earned a Master’s degree in Educational Technology and has been exploring new ways of using technology tools in career development. She has presented several webinars and online courses on a variety of topics for various national organizations and companies as well as presenting at the NCDA Global and Career Practitioner Conferences.
WEBINAR DESCRIPTION: Social media is fast becoming an essential component of the job search – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Skype, YouTube and more. But how do you know which tools to use? Join us for an overview of some of the most beneficial tools and latest trends to find out why they are important to a successful job search.
By the end of the course students will
- Recognize the power of social media
- Identify at least six social media tools that are useful for a job search
- Be able to use/teach the primary tools of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Be familiar with mobile job search apps
- Understand the concept of social media recruiting from the recruiter’s perspective and its impact on the job search
- Be aware of the latest trends in using social media for a job search